Palacký Univeristy, Olomouc
The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry has been running a study programme in General Medicine in the English language for the last 20 years, recently adding Dentistry as another programme taught in English.
- Olomouc is accessible from international airports such as:
- Brno (70km)
- Mosnov (80km)
- Vienna (260 km)
- Prague (280 km)
- According to the well-acclaimed tourist guide “Lonely Planet”, Olomouc with its beautiful architecture and calm lifestyle is one of Europe´s hidden treasures.
- Olomouc is the 6th largest city in the Czech Republic.
- The bicycle is the most popular form of transport for students in Olomouc.
- The cost of living in Olomouc is one of the lowest in Western Europe.
- Olumouc is the 2nd oldest University in the Czech Republic
During these years, graduates have successfully established themselves as well respected and sought after members of healthcare teams in numerous countries, from the USA and Canada, the UK, and Norway, all the way to Malaysia and Japan.
The medical school is located on the same campus as the university hospital, meaning that there is no need for any complicated commuting. All teaching happens in one place, with most clinics within a few minutes’ walk from the lecture halls.
Life at Palacký Univeristy in Olomouc
– There are on average around 70 students in the English programme in every year, making a total of around 300 students in total. This is in addition to approximately 2,000 Czech students in the Czech programme.
– Olomouc is at the foot of the Jeseniky Mountains, which offer skiing, hiking and camping within easy travel distance for students to experience with friends.
– Students have fitness and training centres available to them. They also have the option of becoming members of university teams and making use of other university facilities.
Courses Taught in English
Start Date: September 2018, Full time course
Dentistry (MDDr) (5 years) 11,800 EUROS (first year)
Medicine (MUDr) (6 years) 10,500 EUROS (first year)
- £275 registration/exam fee
- 650 CZK Application Fee
(See separate fees list for full schedule of Fees)
Students are accepted upon successfully completing an entrance exam followed by an interview. To be able to sit the entrance examination students should have completed A Levels (or equivalent) and should have grade C’s or above in at least two science subjects: Chemistry and Biology, and preferably Physics/Maths as the third subject. For those who do not meet this criteria, the Medical Foundation year is available. If you are unsure if you meet the requirement please contact us to check.
In addition, non-native English speakers will either have to produce a certificate (FCE, IELTS score at least 6.5 or TOEFL) proving sufficient knowledge of English language, or take or Palacky’s own language test.
There are three separate papers in the entrance exam; Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Maths. The pass mark is 50% in each paper. There are three separate papers in the entrance exam; Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Maths. The pass mark is 50% in each paper. There will also be a short interview after the exam.
29th May (Prague)
11th July (Malvern)
We run various preparation courses throughout the year, please see our application pack for further details.
Complete our EMUCAS application form and return with supporting documents listed on the front page of the application.