The Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
The Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU, Lietuvos Sveikatos Mokslų Universitetas) is a relatively new addition to Lithuanian higher education. On 30 June 2010, the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania passed a resolution to merge Kaunas University of Medicine (KMU) and the Lithuanian Veterinary Academy (LVA). Now LSMU is the biggest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania, continuing the best traditions of KMU and LVA and successfully integrating studies, research and clinical practice. LSMU consists of two main academies: Medical Academy and Veterinary Academy.
The Medical Academy was founded in 1919 and consists of 5 faculties; Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing and Public Health.The Veterinary Academy dates back to 1922 and its deeply rooted in the traditions of teaching vetinerary science. It is the only institution to award master’s degrees and qualifications in veterinary surgery and food safety. The Academy has 2 faculties, Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry.At both Academies programmes taught in English are offered for international students.
- Vilinius is the capital of Lithuania is known for its medieval Old Town
- Lithuania is also known for its spectacular countryside with rolling hills, extensive forests and lakes.
- Kaunas is Lithuania’s second largest city, historically a centre of economic, academic and cultural life
- Vilinius and Kaunas are both famous for their impressive architecture
Life at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
The University is the largest institution of higher education for biomedical sciences in Lithuania. LSMU Hospital Kauno Klinikos is the largest medical institution in the Baltic States. More than 1,200 highly qualified doctors and 2,400 members of the nursing staff take care of over 78,000 patients at the LSMU Hospital each year. The entire medical staff values innovative and progressive methods of treatment and diagnostics, which meet global standards. LSMU is surrounded by wonderful landscapes in a dynamic, social city.
Courses Taught in English
Course fees: 2020-21
- Dentistry (MDDr) (5 years) 13,500 EUR (first year)
- Medicine (MUDr) (6 years) 12,500 EUR (first year)
- Pharmacy (5 years) 7,000 EUR (first year)
- Veterinary (6 years) 8,000 EUR (first year)
- Nursing (4 years) 4,200 EUR (first year)
- Occupational therapy (4 years) 4,500 EUR (first year)
- Physiotherapy (4 years) 4,200 EUR (first year)
- 250 EUR Application Fee
(See separate fees list for full schedule of fees)
In order for international students to be admitted to the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences they must provide legalized high school or college certificates and transcripts (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements. Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will be an advantage. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory.
There are three separate papers in the entrance exam; Chemistry, Biology and either Physics or Maths.
19th April 2020, Malvern
We run various preparation courses throughout the year, please see our application pack for further details.
Complete our EMUCAS Application Pack and return with supporting documents listed on the front page of the application.