10 Reasons why you should apply through EMUCAS
1. Quality. EMUCAS currently works with 9 of the best quality medical universities in mainland Europe. The universities in the scheme have been specifically chosen for the initiative because of their outstanding location, reputation, accessibility and facilities.
2. A long history. We have been involved in the initiative since 1989, working closely with colleagues at our partner universities. They trust that our students arrive on their courses fully prepared and well informed, and we maintain correspondence with our university colleagues throughout the duration of the students’ studies.
3. Personalised Service. We pride ourselves on tailoring our services to best suit each individual student. We carefully consider your background and circumstances and advise you accordingly. Our range of university partnerships means we can offer not only diverse degree options but also a choice of prestigious institutions. We offer a bespoke service where your individual prospects are at the centre of our operations.
4. Academic outlook. EMUCAS is a bespoke agency founded and operating in the academic sphere, rather than adopting a commercial stance. EMUCAS has its head office at a private academic institution, Abbey College in Malvern, which hosts the revision and Foundation courses. The college has a history that can be traced back as far as 1874.
5. Personal experience. Our advisers at EMUCAS have a wealth of experience, having established links with universities over 25 years ago. Our extensive science teaching team with expertise covering every discipline, teach the Medical Foundation Courses and short preparation courses at Abbey College in Malvern. Standards are maintained with regular university visits and constant correspondance between EMUCAS, teaching staff and prospective and current students.
6. Exam and courses in central England. As part of our personalised ethos, we fly the Professors from our partner universities to our head office at Abbey College in Malvern. Therefore, entrance exams and interviews can be held at the convenience of our UK-based students. This also offers the students an opportunity to meet their teachers (and vice-versa) prior to course commencement.
7. No hidden charges. All charges relating to the entrance procedure and university fees are shown up front. There are no administration fees. EMUCAS is a trusted agency, reputed for it’s transparency and fairness.
8. Unique preparation courses. Being based in a school, we are in a unique position to offer residential preparation courses. The optional one and two week revision courses offer the perfect preparation for direct entry students sitting the exam.The one year or six month Foundation programme is ideal for students without an appropriate subject background to take the direct entry exams.
9. We help throughout. We understand the opportunities but also challenges of studying abroad. Our process is smooth and our students are put at ease by the availability of our staff. We are at hand to advise on every aspect of the process, including entrance exams, preparatory courses, interview techniques and much more. We are here for you from the first enquiry through to graduation.
10. We do the hard work. Well, except for taking the exam!
– We register you for various university entrance examinations;
– You complete just one EMUCAS application form and we complete each separate university application form for you;
– We send your information to the universities;
– You can speak to us Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm, at any stage of your application;
– We arrange open days for you to visit your preferred university, where candidates have a private tour of the faculty.
– We arrange guided group visits to the Czech Republic purely for EMUCAS students, visiting different universities on consecutive days, so students can get an even better feel for what each faculty and city can offer them.